FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 16, 2023
CONTACT: JULIET HAUSER
Tallahassee, FL – The Florida Hospital Association (FHA) today announces its 2023-2024 Board of Trustees. Gino Santorio, president and CEO of Mount Sinai Medical Center, was installed as Board Chair.
"It is a privilege to serve as board chair of FHA to advance the vision of a high-quality, accessible health care delivery system in the state of Florida,” said Santorio. “Florida’s hospitals continue to face natural disasters, workforce shortages and rising health care costs. Our association is dedicated to advocating for funding and policies that empower hospitals across the state to continue delivering world-class health care.”
“I look forward to supporting the organization’s ongoing advocacy efforts and initiatives as the Chair-Elect of FHA’s Board of Trustees,” said Dr. Larry Antonucci, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lee Health. “Working alongside hospital leaders and lawmakers, we aim to address the needs of Florida’s hospitals today and plan for a bright future through sound public policy and the implementation of best practices.”
FHA’s 2023-2024 Board of Trustees includes the new slate of officers as follows:
- Chair: Gino Santorio, President/CEO, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Chair-Elect/Vice Chair: Dr. Larry Antonucci, President & CEO, Lee Health
- Treasurer: Randy Haffner, President & CEO, AdventHealth Florida
- Secretary: Danielle Drummond, President & CEO of Lakeland Regional Medical Center
- Immediate Past Chair: Bo Boulenger, President & CEO, Baptist Health South Florida
Returning Trustees are as follows:
- Region 1: Mark Faulkner, President and CEO, Baptist Health Care
- Region 2: Michael Mayo, President and CEO, Baptist Health
- Region 3: Stephanie Conners, President and CEO, BayCare Health System
- Region 4: David Strong, President and CEO, Orlando Health
- Region 6: Amit Rastogi, M.D., President and CEO, Jupiter Medical Center
- Region 7: Conor P. Delaney, M.D., President and CEO, Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Region 8: Matt Love, President and CEO, Nicklaus Children’s Health System
- Children’s Hospital Trustee: Martha McGill, President, Central Florida Region, Nemours Children’s Health
- At-Large Trustee: Scott Wester, President and CEO, Memorial Healthcare System
New to the Board for the 2023-2024 year:
- Region 5: Paul Hiltz, MHA, FACHE, President and CEO, NCH Healthcare System
- Rural Hospital Trustee: Brooke G. Donaldson, CEO, Jackson Hospital
- At-Large Trustee: Carlos A. Migoya, President and CEO, Jackson Health System
- At-Large Trustee: Don King, Senior Vice President, Ascension
“What an honor it is to work alongside Florida hospital leaders to ensure patients have excellent health care that is close to home,” said Mary C. Mayhew, president and CEO of FHA. “I’m grateful to our Board of Trustees for their steadfast commitment to advancing Florida’s hospital industry. Together, we can improve the entire continuum of health care services for all Florida families.”
FHA is the leading voice for health care in the state of Florida. Founded in 1927, FHA supports the mission of more than 200 hospitals and health care systems through advocacy, education and informational services to provide the highest quality of care to patients. FHA is led by President and CEO, Mary C. Mayhew, and is governed by a Board of Trustees and officers elected by member institutions.
For more information about FHA, visit www.fha.org.
ABOUT THE FHA
Founded in 1927, the Florida Hospital Association (FHA) is the leading voice for health care in the State of Florida. Through representation and advocacy, education, and informational services, the Florida Hospital Association supports the mission of over 200 hospitals and health care systems to provide the highest quality of care to the patients we serve. Led by President and CEO Mary Mayhew, the Florida Hospital Association is located in Tallahassee and is governed by a Board of Trustees and officers elected by the member institutions.