FHA Medicare 101 Course
Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (ET)
Updated for 2023, this FHA member webinar provides a high-level overview of the Medicare program, how it is organized, and how it impacts hospitals and health systems. It will focus on the sources of supplemental coverage, the funding of the program, a payment system overview, and discuss the basics of the Medicare Advantage plan. Attendees will receive an in-depth guidebook for reference during the course. The goal of this training is to give attendees the fundamental framework to understand how Medicare reimburses for hospital-related services and will include discussion of recent policy developments.
- Attendees will describe the main funding sources of the Medicare program
- Understand the basics of the Prospective Payment System used to reimburse providers and other key payment methodologies
- Understand the basics of the Medicare and Medicare Advantage programs, including:
- What the Original Medicare program covers and what it does not
- The basic Medicare beneficiary eligibility criteria
- What the market looks like in Florida
- Why do beneficiaries choose Medicare Advantage plans
- Be aware of key new and proposed policy changes
FHA Medicare 101 is an FHA member only webinar course, designed for hospital trustees and leaders in finance, cost reporting and audits, compliance, patient relations, hospital legal counsel, public relations and communications, managed care contracting, government relations and health information management, nursing management and leadership.
Christine Rein, Principal, Health Management Associates
Questions? For more information or assistance with registration, please contact the FHA Education Department at [email protected] or (850) 222-9800. For detailed registration instructions, view FHA’s Education and Events Registration Guide.