Infection Prevention "Next Level" Training
Please join us for FHA's bi-annual series, Taking it to the Next Level,
for the Novice Infection Preventionist. The series is designed to provide more fundamentals for the professional development of practicing infection preventionists. The program series objective is to provide the next tier of knowledge and core competencies for those working in the infection prevention role and who are responsible for the implementation of an effective infection prevention program. The IP virtual series will be led by nationally recognized infection prevention expert Linda Greene, RN, MPS, CIC, FAPIC, consultant and infection preventionist with Highland Hospital, an affiliate of the University of Rochester Medical Center. Linda will be joined by Barbara Russell, MPH, RN, BS, CIC, FAPIC, consultant for infection prevention. The program will include an overview of the practice and application of principles for the novice infection preventionist related to outbreak investigations, multi-drug resistant organisms, health care setting-specific infection prevention, and the role of IP during the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Learn how to manage and prioritize infection prevention activities.
2. Develop application of infection prevention principles in the
3. Learn to recognize and implement an approach to outbreak
4. Understand the emergence of multi-drug resistant organisms,
surveillance, and precautions.
5. Understand the role of infection preventionist in other health care
settings and patient populations.
6. Discuss the dynamic role of infection prevention in the post-COVID-19