2024 Annual Meeting - Save the Date!
October 9 - 11, 2024 | Orlando, FL
FHA’s Annual Meeting will be held at the Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes. Information on the agenda, registration and hotel accommodation is coming soon!
The 2023 FHA Annual Meeting — A Resounding Success
The FHA's 2023 Annual Meeting in Orlando was an event to remember. With over 460 attendees from across the state and country, including hundreds of hospital professionals, the gathering was one of Florida's most significant health care events of the year. Our members came together to discuss a multitude of pressing topics, including partnerships with educational institutions for strengthening the health care workforce, innovative health care delivery methods, and services for individuals with mental illness and substance use disorder, industry trends and innovations, hospital funding, emergency preparedness, and more. The emphasis was not only on present challenges but also on envisioning the future of health care in Florida.
National thought leaders graced the event, including Seema Verma and Deborah L. Birx, M.D. They shared their insights on the health care system's sustainability, using data-driven policies, pandemic response, and achieving seemingly impossible goals. Additionally, Jennifer Gentry MSN, RN, NEA-BC, Central Division Chief Nursing Officer for Providence St. Joseph Health in Oregon enlightened us on the future of health care workforce development and the importance of team support and resilience. Dr. Robin Roark from McKinsey & Company also presented a compelling session on health care trends and the need for provider innovation.
Keynotes and sessions covered a range of subjects from workforce development and empowerment to the global view of public health. Panel discussions delved into reimagining workforce retention, the future health care workforce, and implementing behavioral health changes. The event truly focused on the most pressing topics and trends in health care, celebrating the tremendous accomplishments of Florida's hospitals and health care systems.
We are thankful for the incredible participation and feedback from our members and sponsors. Many such sponsors indicated it was one of the best conferences they had attended out of the numerous industry conferences they attend nationally. The level of engagement by our hospital CEOs and members was a testament to our collective commitment to advancing health care in Florida.
View FHA’s 2023-2024 Board of Trustees
During the Annual Meeting, FHA also announced our 2023-2024 Board of Trustees, including a new slate of officers:
- Chair: Gino Santorio, President & CEO, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Chair-Elect/Vice Chair: Dr. Larry Antonucci, President & CEO, Lee Health
- Treasurer: Randy Haffner, President & CEO, AdventHealth Florida
- Secretary: Danielle Drummond, President & CEO of Lakeland Regional Medical Center
- Immediate Past Chair: Bo Boulenger, President & CEO, Baptist Health South Florida
And several members new to the Board for the 2023-2024 year:
- Region 5: Paul Hiltz, MHA, FACHE, President & CEO, NCH Healthcare System
- Rural Hospital Trustee: Brooke G. Donaldson, CEO, Jackson Hospital
- At-Large Trustee: Carlos A. Migoya, President & CEO, Jackson Health System
- At-Large Trustee: Don King, Senior Vice President, Ascension
Thank you for making the FHA's 2023 Annual Meeting a success! Your involvement was instrumental in bringing us all together. It was a joy to reunite with colleagues, applaud the achievements of our hospitals and health care systems, and focus on the urgent topics driving health care delivery in Florida.
Please reach out to the communications team if you have any questions or feedback you would like to share.
Annual Meeting Resources for Attendees
- What’s Next in Health Care Workforce Development and Empowerment, Presented by Jennifer Gentry, MSN, RN, NEA- BC, Central Division Chief Nursing Officer, Providence St. Joseph Health-Oregon
- Trends Effecting Florida’s Healthcare Providers, Presented by Alex Obenauf, Managing Director, Health and Government Solutions, KPMG US
- McKinsey on Healthcare: Weathering the Storm, Special Collection, Robin Roark, M.D., Partner, McKinsey & Company