Tallahassee, FL - The Florida Hospital Association (FHA) recently installed its 2020-2021 Board of Trustees. Steven P. Johnson, president and CEO of Health First, a community health system in Brevard County, was elected to serve as board chair. He succeeds Aurelio Fernandez, president/CEO of Memorial Healthcare System.
"It is an honor and privilege to chair the FHA Board of Trustees," said Johnson. "Florida's hospitals and health systems have met incredible challenges head on this year, from responding to the pandemic and cyber security attacks to natural disasters. We are all committed to continuing to grow, and invest in, a world-class health system for all Floridians."
Other new and returning board members are:
- Jeff Feasel, President/CEO, Halifax Health
- Leon Haley, MD, CEO, UF Health Jacksonville
- Tommy Inzina, President/CEO, BayCare Health System
- G. Mark O'Bryant, President/CEO, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
- Larry Antonucci, M.D., President/CEO, Lee Health
- Gino Santorio, President/CEO, Broward Health
- Bo Boulenger, Executive VP/COO, Baptist Health South Florida
- Steven D. Sonenreich, President/CEO, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Robert Bridges, CEO, Nemours Florida
- David Strong, President/CEO, Orlando Health
- Kevin R. Conn, VP of Inpatient Operations, Encompass Health Rehab Hospital of Sunrise
- Elaine C. Thompson, PhD, President/CEO, Lakeland Regional Health
- John Couris, President/CEO, Tampa General Hospital
- R.D. Williams, President/CEO, Hendry Regional Medical Center
FHA is also pleased to welcome two new members to the association, Nicklaus Children's Health System and Broward Health. They join the more than 200 hospitals and health systems across the state in the state's largest hospital association.
"We are delighted to add Broward Health and Nicklaus Children's to the FHA membership and Broward Health's CEO Gino Santorio to the FHA Board," said Mary Mayhew, FHA President and CEO. "They join the FHA membership at a critical time for Florida's hospitals. Their experience and leadership will be invaluable to FHA and position us for a strong 2021."
"I look forward to serving among the state's many great healthcare leaders," said Santorio. "The Florida Hospital Association unifies hospitals across Florida to help ensure the public has access to the highest quality healthcare. Broward Health is proud to be a part of fulfilling that mission."
"We are excited to join the Association," said Matthew Love, President and CEO, Nicklaus Children's Health System. "There's never been a more important time for a strong hospital industry speaking with one clear voice on health care's biggest challenges and solutions."