Orlando, Fla. - Yesterday, the Florida Hospital Association (FHA) installed its 2019-20 Board of Trustees at its annual meeting in Orlando. Aurelio Fernandez, president/CEO of Memorial Healthcare System, was elected to serve as chair of the board. He succeeds Roger L. Kirk, CEO of Bethesda Health, Inc.
"I am honored to serve as FHA's 2019-2020 board chair and a voice for Florida's hospitals and health systems," said Fernandez. "We are dedicated to improving care and supporting the incredible work of hospital teams across Florida. We will continue advancing policies that promote access to high quality, affordable care for our patients and communities."
"As FHA board chair, Aurelio will lead Florida's hospitals into a new decade of patient care for Floridians," said FHA President Bruce Rueben. "We deeply value his leadership in advancing the mission to care."
New and returning board members are:
- Chair: Aurelio Fernandez, President/CEO, Memorial Healthcare System
- Chair-Elect/Vice Chair: Steven P. Johnson, President/CEO, Health First
- Treasurer: Daryl Tol, President/CEO, AdventHealth Central FL Div.
- Secretary: Bruce Rueben, President, Florida Hospital Association
- Immediate Past Chair: Jack Kolosky, Chief Operating Officer, Hospital Corporation and President, Moffitt Hospital
- Larry Antonucci, MD, President/CEO, Lee Health
- Wael Barsoum, MD, President/CEO, Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Dana Bledsoe, President, Nemours Children's Hospital
- Bo Boulenger, Executive VP/COO, Baptist Health South Florida
- Kevin R. Conn, VP of Inpatient Operations, Encompass Health Rehab Hospital of Sunrise
- John Couris, President/CEO, Tampa General Hospital
- Jeff Feasel, President/CEO, Halifax Health
- Tommy Inzina, President/CEO, BayCare Health System
- G. Mark O'Bryant, President/CEO, Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare
- Steve Sonenreich, President/CEO, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- David Strong, President/CEO, Orlando Health
- Elaine C. Thompson, PhD, President/CEO, Lakeland Regional Health
- Tom VanOsdol, President/CEO, Ascension Florida
- R.D. Williams, CEO, Hendry Regional Medical Center
About the Florida Hospital Association
Florida Hospital Association comprises over 200 hospitals and health systems from across the state. Through representation and advocacy, education, and informational services, we support the mission of our members to provide the highest quality of care to the patients we serve.