FHA has launched the "We Have your Back" collaborative to align the culture of safety in each hospital to include worker safety along with patient safety and quality.
Focus areas include:
- Safe Patient Lifting, Handling and Mobility
- Sharps Injury and Blood Exposure Prevention
- Workplace Violence
- Finding Solutions to Reduce Work Stress, Fatigue, and Burnout
Goal: By September 27, 2018, a 20 percent reduction in worker harm related to patient handling and workplace violence.
Resources to improve worker safety:
- Culture of Safety Change Packet
- Culture of Safety Checklist
- Watch Past Virtual Trainings
- HRET HIIN Resource Library
For more information, contact Martha DeCastro, vice president for nursing and clinical care policy.