Offered by the Florida Nurse Practitioner Network (FNPN)
In Collaboration with the Florida Hospital Association (FHA)
This course complies with the Florida Board of Nursing requirement for 3.0 continuing education hours of controlled substance education in each biennial license renewal. Content includes prescribing of controlled substances (including opioids, benzodiazepines and stimulants), prescription drug abuse and misuse, and best practices for clinical practice. Offered in an online format, the program will be accessible 24/7 to enable participants the flexibility to complete the program at their convenience. The course content has been revised and is current with 2018/2019 laws related to prescribing of controlled substances.
Note: Completion of this educational mandate is a Florida Board of Nursing license renewal requirement and is not a prerequisite to apply for a DEA number.
- Janet DuBois, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC, FAANP, FNAP
- Doreen Cassarino, DNP, ARNP-BC, ADM-BC, FAANP
- Arlene Wright, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC
- George Byron-Smith, DNP, ARNP, GNP-BC
- Laureen Fleck, PhD, ARNP-BC
- Cindy Parsons, DNP, ARNP-BC, FAANP
- Gail Fox, MSN, ARNP-BC
- Jean Aertker, DNP, ARNP, COHN-S, FAANP
- Yvonne D'arcy, MSN, ARNP
- Susan Pendergrass, MSN, MEd, FNP-BC
- Martha DeCastro, MS, RN
- FHA is approved as a provider of continuing nursing education by the Florida State Board of Nursing under Provider No. NCE2972. Eligibility for CEUs requires an 80 percent or higher on the post-test and a completed evaluation form. Licensed Florida nurses will receive a certificate of participation for 3.0 hours of continuing nursing education.
- The course is approved for 3.0 hours of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- FPNP members and APRNs employed at an FHA member hospital: $5
- All other APRNs: $95
(select an option below based on your eligibility)
- OPTION 1:
FNPN Members and APRNs Employed at an FHA Member Hospital
REGISTRATION FEE: $5
As a member of FNPN or an APRN employed at an FHA member hospital, you are eligible to enroll in this course for the discounted registration fee of $5. Use the special log-in link below to enroll.
- OPTION 2:
All Other APRNs
REGISTRATION FEE: $95
APRNs who are not a member of FNPN and are not employed by an FHA member hospital are welcome to enroll in this course. A $95 registration fee will apply.