Hospital leaders in Florida are making quality and safety a priority - and that leadership is resulting
in significant year after year reductions in harm and improved patient outcomes.
Our hospital leaders understand that hospitals can be dangerous workplaces. Hospital environments are unique and the daily work involves risks that are inherent to caring for the sick.
- Patient lifting
- Exposure to communicable disease
- Use of sharp medical devices
- Violence related injury that can occur when caring for at-risk populations, such as patients with dementia or serious psychiatric illness
Hospitals have joined together to participate in the "We Have Your Back" collaborative. Through this initiative, hospitals are focused on key areas, which include:
- Preventing physical injuries, needlesticks, communicable disease transmission and workplace violence.
- Identifying solutions to reduce work stress, fatigue and burnout.
- Providing optimal care to our caregivers.
Download the We Have Your Back Brochure. Contact Martha DeCastro, vice president of nursing, at (850) 222-9800 to join the We Have Your Back collaborative.